Codain has found that there is a need for a practical
approach to bring information to management.
With high standards in quality and service
Codain assists management in setting up a structured system of connectivity and thus meet
Our clients can expect practical solutions from an experienced team of
Let's get a closer look at practice and share some
of our insights:
Unwrapping IT market trends from business needs:
- Ever felt driven by IT market trends?
- Ever lost feeling in fullfilling business needs?
- Why and how did we got so far?
Analyse the necessity of IT market trends for your business
needs! Some statements:
- Fast followers dont always have benefits!
- Marketing of IT-tools is driven by home-users not by
- Vast hardware introductions lead to uncontrolled
So what do you actually want to do in IT?
- Differenciate short and long term revenues related to IT
- State the desired objectives in terms of business needs
Populair believe: Tailormade software is too expensive! But
changing your workplace hardware every six months is not!?
Where have priorities gone, in determining the right investments in IT facilities ?
Architectual concepts are believed to be provided! By whom
and based on what ? Architecture not an of the shelf product!
Using effort to define your own architectual concept
provides you the actual Return On Investments!
Have you thought about this:
- Clients/users demand rapid application delivery; that is:
new functions to support your specific business.
- Dedicated application development gets overruled by standard
- Are requirements defined by those who went shopping in the
pc-shop last saturday?
How do you match business needs to applications selected ?
Have you experienced the blocking effects ?
If not then please continue with your current
IT policy. If so, then continue reading
Are they right ? Is fast following neccessary ? Are
applications actually being used ?
What does practice show us nowadays ?
- Business time is used for installing new hard-/software
- Business time is used to test if deliverables are applicable
- Business time is used to survey IT market on new products
By the way: What was the business about and how much time
do you still spend on your actual business ?
Objectives for our clients
Setting a mid and long term strategy based on architectual concepts for current and future
selected IT systems.
Rearrangement of current installed base to facilitate new
Analyze current installed systems, platforms, networks and other connections to
create awareness of current base.
Determine whether current base holds a strategy which
actually is adapted to support business needs.
Rearrange and amend current base and define an architectual
concept supported by a strategy suited to the business.
Supporting the business can be done when requirements of users are implemented
and adapted to the characteristics of their way of working and thinking.
IT is a technical approach in knowing when to use what,
related to that what is already in place.
Information is only useful when available on every location
and formatted in user and/or medium specific standards.
Provision of information on any location is only limited by selection of adequate
tools and mediums.
Some practical advice
- Let staff use pcs for games at home
- Give staff application to explore at home
- Provide staff with education tools at home
- Lets get business on the roll again
- Provide facilities supporting business needs
And some more...
- Tool in getting the better environment is distributed
- Split your IT into manageble portions per type of process.
- Dedicate storage tot storage environments
- Dedicate processing to processing environments
- Dedicate presentation to presentation environments
A PentiumPro 200Mhz is experienced to provide better
performance than a PentiumII MMX 300Mhz for storage functions; why is that?
storage routines (i.e. bus-requirements) are implemented differently in those chips.
you want the best than dont look at speeds and latest models, but know why. And we
This is why you call Codain
The forementioned is our simplicity in its best, a minimum example on the right
approach, but it gives you a fair idea on what we are actually talking about.
is one of many insights that we have.
Why do we simply tell you this?
Again a simple answer: we have the experience, based on
your business needs, to map all relevant aspects of your business processes, applications,
installed systems and user requirements as well as locations to tailormade an overall
for your mid and long term investments.
We never advise you to simply throw out your current
investments. We provide you with information and strategies that enables you to get the
out of your investments and use it as a base for better performance in the future.
Our experience is the product that we provide.
relations and market-insigths are the tools we give to assist you and our commitment is
providing you with the actual results.
We do not predict a single standard method to be the
solution. It is a set of appropriate methods that in combination provides better approach
for your specific situation.
Our knowledge and experience in IT-environments (LAN, WAN,
hosted, network-centric, distributed, centralized, Client/server, networkcomputing,
Networked-pc, NETpc, terminal, (this can continue for another page or
provides you with the right direction and foreall a practical approach in addressing
the upcoming and actual business challenges.